In case of emergency while on the river:
- Call 911 from your cell phone.
- If another boat or property is damaged, make arrangements with the property owner to cover any damages.
- Call the marina to fill out an incident report.
- Insurance taken out prior to your departure covers only physical damage to the boat
- Insurance is available at a rate of $35 or $45 per day (depends on which boat is rented). You may choose to waive the insurance and instead submit an additional damage/security deposit prior to departure for all the houseboats.
- To avoid any misunderstandings concerning breakdowns, accidents, inclement weather, or loss of cruising time we check all mechanical equipment prior to your departure in our houseboat rentals. You need not accept your boat until you are satisfied with your boat and equipment. However, once upon the river, you alone are responsible for its operation. Under these circumstances, we cannot be responsible for any loss of cruising time due to mechanical failure, weather, illness, accident etc.